Re: BootBlocks.

From: Marcin Jessa <lists@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2006 13:27:11 +0200

On Sat, 03 Jun 2006 11:00:01 +0100
Max von Seibold <maxvonseibold@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello,
Hi Max.

> Regarding the issues of production servers. I would like to point out
> that as a relative *nix newbie I chose Dragonfly because it was new.
> OpenBSD and NetBSD seemed daunting and FreeBSD seemed wrapped up in
> all manner of debate.

Could you please explain why NetBSD seems daunting?
I am curious about what needs to be done differently to encourage a
newcommer such as yourself to give it a try?
It uses the same packaging system as DragonFlyBSD and the installation
procedure is pretty straight forward (as opposite to OpenBSD).

[...]

Cheers,
Marcin.