Re: A mobile user's wishlist

From: Rob Andrews <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2006 17:08:27 +0100

Thomas Schlesinger wrote:
> I don't know about console, but isn't the xorg 'synaptics' module enough
> to get that working?
you don't need the synaptics driver to get your synaptics touchpad working, but you can't use some features then, like the vertical scrolling. I would like to use exactly this feature, it's as helpful as a scrollwheel at a mouse, I don't want to miss it.

Yes, the touchpad presents itself as a ps/2 style device, but when using X it does add the button 4 & 5 emulation.

I haven't tried the xorg synaptics driver in dragonfly yet - I should imagine that it builds, but does it not work?