Re: jdk under 1.4?

From: Jon Hamilton <hamilton@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2006 22:11:25 -0500

walt <wa1ter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, said on Sun Jul 09, 2006 [03:27:39 PM]:
} Jon Hamilton wrote:
[...]
} > with one app which uses java.  Under 1.2 I had jdk-1.4.2p6_4 installed from
} > ports, and it worked fine.  I can't find anything under pkgsrc which will
} > build anything similar...
}
} What you need is the wip (work-in-progress) pkgsrc tree, which has a
} DragonFly-compilable jdk14 port:

Yes, that's exactly the ticket.  I had to do some creative hammering/symlinkng
because it was "off by one" from the minor version of the linux stuff (and
the old one wasn't in the Sun archives, hmmm) but it built and installed fine.

Thanks very much for the help!

--

   Jon Hamilton
   hamilton@xxxxxxxxx