Re: Problem with Xorg conf

From: Thomas Schlesinger <schlesinger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 16:51:49 +0200

Am Donnerstag, 28. September 2006 16:31 schrieb Frank Petitjean:
> Le Wed, 27 Sep 2006 18:44:04 +0200, Jeremy C. Reed <reed@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> a
>
> écrit:
> > Install more fonts. Configure your system to use your preferred fonts
> > first. Try your KControl font installer. Maybe install Windows True Type
> > fonts (such as pkgsrc/fonts/ms-ttf).
>
> Thanks Jeremy, I understand now what is the CID directory.
>
> I can't find ms-ttf on the servers : ftp://packages.stura.uni-rostock ,
> and others binary mirrors diplayed here :
> http://www.dragonflybsd.org/community/download.cgi
>
> Can you tell me where I can find this package, please ? (sorry for this
> newbee question)

Frank,

you must install it from source via the Pkgscrc system. Do this on commands
line as root *after* you've installed pkgsrc:

echo 'ACCEPTABLE_LICENSES+=ms-ttf-license' >> /usr/pkg/etc/mk.conf
cd /usr/pkgsrc/fonts/ms-ttf/
bmake install clean

You should become familiar with Pkgsrc, because there are not binaries for
every package. The binaries on ftp://packages.stura.uni-rostock.de are
compiled packages from Pkgsrc.

You could have a look here:
http://wiki.dragonflybsd.org/index.cgi/HowToPkgsrc?highlight=%28HowTo%29 and
here: http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/software/packages.html .

If you have more questions about Pkgsrc, please ask ;-)

Thomas