update of sound infrastructure

From: "Simon 'corecode' Schubert" <corecode@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 00:17:05 +0200

hey,

I tried updating our sound infrastructure to freebsd-6's one and I included the new HDA driver as well. Please test it, available at <http://chlamydia.fs.ei.tum.de/~corecode/unsorted/sound-update.diff> (cd /sys; patch -p0 < sound-update.diff). It would be nice if we could get it in for the next release.

caveats:

1. modules don't load dependencies:  you have to kldload sound.ko manually
2. xmms acts weird (plays fine, but the UI laggs 5-10 seconds)

please try an report back if it works or not.

note: you don't have to run buildworld, buildkernel is sufficient. actually rebuilding dev/sound modules is sufficient.

cheers
 simon