Re: sk driver problems

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 09:07:19 -0700 (PDT)

:They are occasional ones, otherwise it does work fine. I am using 1.6.0
:with this patch:
:
:http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/mailarchive/users/2006-09/msg00209.html
:
:Don't know what brigs them on, yesterday there was about 10, today there
:was only 1 (so far).
:
:Should I recompile the *original* sk driver?
:(I bet you remember the issue I just linked. This is the same system. :-/)

    If other patches don't fix it, try turning on emergency interrupt
    polling.  The idea is that if the watchdog is due to an occassional
    lost interrupt stalling out the driver, the emergency poll will pick
    it up and silently recover it.

    If on the otherhand the result is that the SK driver suddenly slows to
    a crawl, and stays that way permanently, then it is more then just a
    lost interrupt and the hardware actually needs to be reinitialized
    (which is what a hardware watchdog timeout does) to fix it.

	kern.emergency_intr_enable: 0	<----- set to 1
	kern.emergency_intr_freq: 10	<----- leave at 10hz

    I hate hacks like this, but I don't know what else to do when today's
    chips are so damn buggy.

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>