Re: updating from 1.6.2 to 1.7.x

From: Erik Wikström <erik-wikstrom@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 15:31:13 +0200

On 2006-10-27 13:51, Saverio Iacovelli wrote:
1) I don't want recompile from zero the system, but
only the missing pieces.

# cvsup -h <host>
/usr/share/examples/cvsup/DragonFly-src-supfile

where <host> is any of the mirrors offering cvsup-
access from the list at www.dragonflybsd.org's download-section.

Can it be http://chlamydia.fs.ei.tum.de/pub/DragonFly/snapshots/src/src-Devel.tar.bz2 an example of src-supfile?

As others have pointed out, this is a snapshot of the /usr/src directory and will also work. However if you already have the source-code installed (though not the most recent version) it will often be faster with cvsup since it only fetches those files that have been changed.

chlamydia.fs.ei.tum.de does provide the cvsup service so you can use:

#cvsup -h chlamydia.fs.ei.tum.de /usr/share/examples/cvsup/DragonFly-preview-supfile

to download the sources for the latest preview-release (notice that I changed the name of the sup-file from DragonFly-src-supfile to DragonFly-preview-supfile, the former will give you HEAD instead of preview).

--
Erik Wikström