Re: filesystem hierarchy

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 09:15:00 -0800 (PST)

    At the moment we have no plans to integrate package management
    directly into the filesystem layer.  We do have tools already
    available (varsyms) to make this possible, and pkgsrc makes things
    easier by installing into /usr/pkg, leaving /usr/local available to
    the user.

    But, primarily, we are dependant on pkgsrc's installation management.