Re: jail/virtual servers and multiple network interfaces

From: Magnus Eriksson <magetoo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 13:59:40 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 1 Feb 2007, Jeffrey Williams wrote:

i.e. a virtual network stack, for the jailed server, that can be bound directly to a separate NIC than the one used by the host environment.

This sort of thing can be done with NetBSD/Xen and bridging*, I think. I'd be surprised if there wasn't a vkernel way of doing it. (if not now, then soon)

* Networking is not one of my strong sides, but there seem to be at least two ways: http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-xen/2006/11/15/0005.html

(Sorry if this is off topic.)

MAgnus