X problem and pkg_add problem

From: arnuld <geek.arnuld@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 16:02:57 +0000

i was unable to install X from "pkg_add" as pkg_add is not downloading anything.

pkg_add www.pkgsrc-box.org/packages/stable/DragonFly-1.8/All/

just HANGS in there and doe snot do anything as my ADSL modem lights
do not blink. ic an open that address in Firefox right now. so i built
the whole X from source , it sucked my 6 hours :-(

worse is i get a message, something like this, when i do startx:

VIA(00): disabling DRI

why so? i have this hardware and X on GNU OS (e.g. Arch, Gentoo) works
pretty wellw ithout ant DRI problems. i think that means i will not be
able to play videos properly.

AMD64 ASUS K8V-MX motherboard with VIA K8M800 and VT8237 chipsets Serial ATA 80GB Seagate 2x512 MB DDR 400 MHz RAM

-- http://arnuld.blogspot.com/