Re: CMake support for DragonFly BSD

From: Alexander Neundorf <alex.neundorf@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 11:25:36 -0400

Hi,

On Friday 13 July 2007 11:01, you wrote:
> [taking this offlist as I don't expect the audience to gain anything]
>
> On Fri, Jul 13, 2007 at 10:46:56AM -0400, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > > We are just using a copy of the FreeBSD file. I take it your a cmake
> >
> > So you copied FreeBSD.cmake to DragonFly.cmake, right ?
>
> Yes.
>
> > Will DragonFly stay so close to FreeBSD in the foreseeable future ?
>
> I wouldn't expect much changes. I would argue that the FreeBSD file can
> be reduced to the version in NetBSD as well and that the latter can be
> reduced to the include. Do you expect to support systems that are too
> old to build cmake with the system compiler?
>
> > > developer? Can you make it easier to override a number of hard-coded
> > > default locations? See the pkgsrc patch for what I mean.
> >
> > Can you please send me an URL ?
>
> http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/pkgsrc/devel/cmake/patches/

Thanks.
For the various FIND_XXX() commands there are the CMAKE_INCLUDE_PATH,
CMAKE_LIBRARY_PATH and CMAKE_PROGRAM_PATH environment variables which are
searched too.

The default search paths for Unix like systems are defined in
Modules/Platform/UnixPaths.cmake, so all directories listed there don't have
to be listed explicitely in the FIND_XXX() commands (they just haven't been
removed when this was added).

I saw the patch for X11 and curses, the additional directory is configured.
Which values can it have ?

I added DragonFly.cmake to cmake cvs now.
It would be nice if you could try it, here are the instructions how to get it:
http://www.cmake.org/HTML/Download.html

It would also be nice if you could run bin/ctest after building cmake in the
build directory. This will run the cmake tests so you will see if everything
works. Using "make Experimental" the build and test results should be
submitted to the cmake dashboard:
http://www.cmake.org/Testing/Dashboard/20070713-0100-Nightly/Dashboard.html

Ideally we'd like to have a Nightly build of CMake on DragonFly. All what is
needed for that is a machine which can update cmake from cvs every night and
then build and test cmake. It would be cool if you could do this on some
machine.

Bye
Alex