Re: moused + modular xorg 'sticking' ?

From: "Nuno Antunes" <nuno.antunes@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 10:24:24 +0000

On Nov 8, 2007 6:07 AM, Sepherosa Ziehau <sepherosa@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 8, 2007 10:14 AM, Joe Talbott <josepht@cstone.net> wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, Nov 07, 2007 at 07:25:48PM -0500, Chris Turner wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello all -
> > >
> > > fishing for similar experiences -
> > >
> > > has anyone had any problems with ps2 mice getting 'stuck' under X?
> > >
> My problem with "/dev/sysmouse" is that my mouse pointer will go to
> upper left corner and can't move anymore.  This can easily be
> reproduced by trying to select a bootmark entry in firefox "bookmarks"
> manual.  After I switched to use "/dev/psm0", the problem seems to go
> away.

I have the exact same problem, only in my case I use a usb mouse.

I thought this was related to somebody adding floating point
operations in a signal
handler or something, possibly related to the following link.

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/pkgsrc-users/2007/08/06/0008.html

But maybe I am just confused.

Nuno