Re: Console screen corruption?

To: walt <wa1ter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Sascha Wildner <saw@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 21:22:23 +0100

walt schrieb:
Also, can you recompile with

options VGA_DEBUG=2
options FB_DEBUG=2

in your kernel config and post or mail me a verbose boot message?

I put the dmesg in my leaf account: leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~wa1ter

Thanks. However, it doesn't look unusual at the first sight.

Can you try one more thing? From qemu, do 'kldload vesa', choose some valid mode number from the output of 'vidcontrol -i mode' (15, 16 or 32 bit will do), and set a VESA mode with 'vidcontrol MODE_<number>'. Tell me if the problem persists with the new resolution.

I still kinda think it's a VGA register issue, but I am not sure anymore.

Sascha

--
http://yoyodyne.ath.cx