Re: Hammer FS: imposing a size limit on PFS?

From: Matthias Schmidt <matthias@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 08:29:40 +0100

He,

* Matthew Dillon wrote:

>     The idea with HAMMER is you just create one big filesystem and use the
>     PFS functionality to break it up into separate management domains.
>     Currently a size limit may not be placed on a PFS.

This raises an important question: what to do if one uses HAMMER on a
multi user box?  It should be possible for a malicious user to fill up
his $HOME on the /home PFS and thus blow the fs up, or?  Correct me if
I'm wrong.  If I'm right what is the policy for admins using HAMMER on a
machine with a lot of user shells?

Regards

	Matthias

PS: Someone interested to hack quota support for HAMMER? :)