Re: Hammer error?

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 18:49:14 -0700 (PDT)

:Hello,
:I was doing some backup from Machine0 to Machine1 using hammer
:mirror-copy and got a suppicious new file called "hammer.core".
:Looking around the files it looks like a success copy but i still
:curious about this new 720kb file.
:Someone can tell me if i need to worry about it and where can i start
:checking for errors in case there was one?
:Machine0 has DFBSD2.2.0-release, Machine1 has DFBSD2.2.1-release,
:could it be the problem? should i just upgrade both?
:Sdav

   A hammer.core could only come from the hammer utility core dumping.
   This wouldn't be a filesystem error but it certainly indicates a bug
   somewhere in the hammer utility.

   If you haven't updated the sources relative to when the core was
   generated you can recompile the hammer utility with DEBUG_FLAGS=-g and
   then gdb the binary and core file and get a backtrace to see where it
   died.

   If you have updated the sources since then you'd have to wait for a new
   core file to be generated for a newly debug-compiled hammer utility to
   match the core file.

       cd /usr/src/sbin/hammer
       make clean
       make obj