Re: Hammer error?

From: Sdävtaker <sdavtaker@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 10:44:39 -0300

I will check with the debugger later, but i can tell in advance that i
found the trigger, i could reproduce the error :-)

Machine0 has  standard out of the box hammerFS from installer, used
for 2-3 months, now 30GB in /home, it's a server, it has a public
static IP for his own.
Machine1 fresh install same structure, running in a VM in my home
behind a router, behind a ADSL (Dynamic-ip)
I forwaded the ADSL port 22 to the Machine1, checked my ip address at
the moment and ran:

Machine0# hammer pfs-status /home   //to get shared-uuid
Machine1# hammer pfs-slave /pfs/machine0.home shared-uuid=******
Machine0# hammer mirror-copy /home root@Machine1IpAddress:/pfs/machine0.home
It took a couple of hours (30GB) and sometime in the run the public
address of my ADSL modem changed (not the internat, im still
192.168....)
Then i got a hammer.core in my root's home.
I think there is nothing to do about this just do the copy in small
chunks, right?
Sdav

--
Sdävtaker prays to Rikku goddess for a good treasure.