Re: ltp can't find /proc/cpuinfo

From: Oliver Fromme <check+kx7n4100rs24wwb6@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 02 Feb 2010 11:26:41 GMT

Pierre Abbat wrote:
 > On Monday 01 February 2010 12:07:28 Oliver Fromme wrote:
 > > The "which" command (whether shell-builtin or /usr/bin/which
 > > doesn't matter) simply looks at the PATH environment variable:
 > > It opens every directory, one after another, and looks for
 > > the binary.  It is first found in /usr/pkg/bin.  Note that
 > > the linuxulator doesn't redirect the directory because
 > > /compat/linux/usr/pkg/bin doesn't exist.  So the "which"
 > > command prints /usr/pkg/bin/bash.  The same happens when
 > > you type "/usr/pkg/bin/bash" because this path doesn't exist
 > > under /compat/linux, so you'll get the DFly bash.
 > > [...]
 >
 > /bin is before /usr/pkg/bin in $PATH, so that's not why.

Ok, I assumed that you had /usr/pkg/bin at the front.

Unfortunately I don't have a DFly box with Linux_base
installed, so I thought it works the same as on on my
FreeBSD machine, where the Linux bash has "which" as a
function that comes from this file:

/compat/linux/usr/share/doc/bash-3.0/functions/which

This function uses bash's builtin "type" command to
implement the "which" command.  Since this is executed
by the linux bash, it finds /bin/bash if /bin is at the
front of the $PATH, of course.  That's why I made the
initial assumption that you had /usr/pkg/bin at the
front instead.  :-)

Of course, if your linux bash executes /usr/bin/which
(which is a BSD binary, not a script), then it will not
look at /compat/linux at all when looking for a program.
If it was a shell script, things would be different.

Best regards
   Oliver