How to set default CPPFLAGS and LDFLAGS?

From: Pierre Abbat <phma@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 10:59:03 -0400

I've been writing a program in Kdevelop and I need to package it so that I can
run it on another computer. It's an XML program, so it needs CPPFLAGS set to
`pkg-config libxml++-2.6 --cflags` and LDFLAGS similarly. I ran "make dist"
and copied the tarball to the DFly box and tried to build it. It failed
trying to find the include file. I untarred it in /tmp on the Linux box and
got similar errors. I then compared the Makefiles and found that the one in
the project directory has CPPFLAGS set to a list of include files, while the
one in /tmp has it set to blank. Configuring with CPPFLAGS and LDFLAGS
produces a binary that works, and I'm going to add them to the INSTALL
instructions, but is there a way to set default CPPFLAGS in the configure
file?

Pierre
--
La sal en el mar es más que en la sangre.
Le sel dans la mer est plus que dans le sang.