Re: HEADS UP - pkgsrc.git users - Major changes

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 09:46:16 -0700 (PDT)

:On Wed, 29 Sep 2010, Matthew Dillon wrote:
:>     Our pkgsrc git mirror from NetBSD stopped syncing again, it's looking
:>     like the NetBSD git mirror isn't stable enough for us to be able to
:>     provide a stable git mirror using it.
:Sorry about that. As far as I know, the NetBSD "git" service was never

   No problem, we knew it wasn't official.  We were hoping it would
   work well enough that we could pull from it and fan-out a more
   directly-netbsd-maintained git to our userbase.  It was quite nice
   when it worked... 5 minute cron pulls, virtually no network or cpu

   But, cei-la-vie.  I'll go back to a 6-hour cvsup pull (haven't figured
   out how to integrate WIP yet but I'll come up with something).  This
   time though I'm using corecode's fromcvs/togit scripts so our git repo
   will have all the branches.  The original 6-hour cvsup translator
   (before we started using the netbsd git repo) just recommitted and
   lost all the branches.  The new one will be better.