Re: wip/jdk15 does not build in pkgsrc-2011Q4 DFBSD 3.0

From: Chris Turner <c.turner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2012 04:39:02 -0600

On 02/24/12 11:59, peeter (must) wrote:

> I am not sure how to fix it. Any ideas?

This is discussed in my message:

Subject: Re: OpenJDK 1.7 build notes
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2012 17:57:54 -0600

basically, it's a pkgsrc build environment issue -
you need to hack the pkgsrc generated GCC wrapper script
to add the proper -I path for freetype due to freetype
having some v1/v2 include path hacks which pkgsrc doesn't
quite pass along properly to the build - theres probably
a better fix but I didn't track it down since this jdk
was basically throwaway for me on path to 1.7

I tried to outline every snag I hit in the bootstrap
problems in my messages from dec/jan - probably
worth reading through these if you're trying to bootstrap.

Right now I'm working on getting the 'self hosting 1.7'
build updated for df i386/x86_64 and do have 1.7 packages
which aren't yet quite published - more details later
in the weekend

Cheers,

- Chris