Re: Install DragonFlyBSD on 48 MB RAM

From: v_2e@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2012 16:07:21 +0200

  Hello!
  First of all, thank you everybody for your suggestions! :)

  Next:

On Sat, 3 Mar 2012 07:42:19 +0100
Thomas Nikolajsen <thomas.nikolajsen@mail.dk> wrote:

> Our installer isn't a small program, it isn't supposed to work on
> small mem systems.
  In such case it is good to know that it is still possible to run it
(just like I described in my previous message).

> Please do setup youself (installer capabilities
> are quite basic anyway), please read rc.conf.5: 'man rc.conf, or
> http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/cgi/web-man?command=rc.conf&section=ANY .
> This has links to other commands / setup files; our handbook also has
> info on this. This way you will also learn much more :)

  Yes, of course, I'll do that. The reasons I ran the 'installer' were:
1. I still know too little about DragonFlyBSD configuration (well,
actually, about any *BSD system configuration) and needed a quick start.
2. To see what I can use this installer for.
  Next I surely will start tuning the configuration files step by step.

> Anyway building non trivial programs isn't possible on a low mem
> system (if you can run gcc(1) at all), so likely you will not have
> much use for what 'make pkgsrc-create' fetches; if you like it anyway
> just fetch the files in tar format, as suggested in this thread.

  I used to build a lot of programs on this machine under GNU/Linux
using the CRUX's ports tree. So it should be quite possible to compile
some software on it (for example, I always used a self-compiled
Transmission torrent-client). And also, somebody pointed out in this
thread that the .tar archive with the pkgsrc tree may not align well
with my current DragonFlyBSD version, or have I misunderstood something?
Anyway, where can I download the archive with the pkgsrc tree?

  Thanks,
    Vladimir
-----
 <v_2e@ukr.net>