Motherboard advice

From: "Jelle Hermsen" <jelle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 05:37:41 +0000

Hiya everybody,
I'm going to build a new workstation and since I'll only be running Dragonfly I want to take this opportunity to get it right. I've been using laptops for years and I must admit I can't quite see the forest for the trees here. I know that I want to have ECC memory and I would love to have some kind of graphics chipset that just works without too much hassle (since I'll mostly be running a terminal in X).

I really hope that you might give me a pointer on which motherboard works well for you. Frankly I'm not really opinionated on Xeons vs Opterons (yet) and a single socket board would be good enough for my purpose. I primarily want to get the motherboard right and then I'll just take it from there.

Cheers,
Jelle