Re: Motherboard advice

From: Francois Tigeot <ftigeot@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 08:06:34 +0200

On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 05:37:41AM +0000, Jelle Hermsen wrote:
> I'm going to build a new workstation and since I'll only be running Dragonfly I want to take this opportunity to get it right. I've been using laptops for years and I must admit I can't quite see the forest for the trees here. I know that I want to have ECC memory and I would love to have some kind of graphics chipset that just works without too much hassle (since I'll mostly be running a terminal in X).
Have a look at the supported hardware page:

For ECC support, you'll probably need to use a server board and add discrete
sound and graphics cards.

These two Supermicro boards are the only ones with ECC support + sound
onboard I know of:

There is also one Asus workstation board which *may* support ECC.

Francois Tigeot