Re: Root mount failed:5

From: Siju George <sgeorge.ml2@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 14:29:54 +0530

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 10:23 AM, Matthew Dillon
<dillon@apollo.backplane.com> wrote:
>     Hmm.  I would have expected it to print something more.  Try doing
>     a verbose boot and see if you get any more information.

Verbose boot does not give any more information.
When I tried to mount the d partition in another dragonfly machine I
got the error.

#mount /dev/ad8s1d /mnt
hammer:mount   on /mnt: Input/Output error

Running a smartctl short offline test completed without any error I am
running a long offline test now.

>     EIO is an I/O error but it could also be due to a CRC check failure
>     and not necessarily a hard I/O error from the disk.

How does one recover from a CRC check failure?

Thanks

Siju