Re: Apache Traffic Server on DragonFlyBSD

From: John Marino <dragonflybsd@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 12:57:06 +0100

On 11/16/2012 12:48, Babu Chaliyath wrote:
> Hi List,
> Trying out Apache Traffic Server version 3.2.0 on DFBSD ver 3.2.1.9
>
> I am running ./configure and its  giving me the following error..
>
> "checking for Tcl configuration... configure: error: Can't find Tcl
> configuration, install the TCL dev package"
>

> I did install tcl but its giving me the same error again , tried
> looking for tcl-devel but couldnt find the package at all.
>
> if anyone can point whats going wrong here would be greatly appreciated

It sounds like you are trying to build software outside of pkgsrc.
Indeed, Apache Traffic Service is not included there.

It sounds like ATS configuration script doesn't know where to look for
TCL.  Find the configure options (e.g. ./configure --help) and look for
one that lets you specify the directory tcl configure script exists at
(e.g. /usr/pkg/bin or something like that.).

Recap: Find out where pkgsrc puts it, tell ATS configure script where it is.