Re: i386: assertion: z->z_NFree > 0 in _slaballoc / Abort trap (core dumped)

From: "peeter (must)" <karu.pruun@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 18:58:55 +0000

On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 6:21 PM, John Marino <dragonflybsd@marino.st> wrote:
> On 12/13/2012 19:02, peeter (must) wrote:
>>
>> Hello
>>
>> When compiling /usr/pkgsrc/editors/kile on Dragonfly 3.2.1_i386 I get this
>> error
>>
>> ---
>> assertion: z->z_NFree>  in _slaballoc
>> Abort trap (core dumped)
>> ---
>>
>> This happens when building the 3rd or 4th dependency like kbproto, ie
>> kile ->  automoc4 ->  kbproto; the configure script for kbproto runs a
>> little and then fails. This happens for several dependencies. At the
>> same time, kbproto and other dependencies build fine when built
>> separately. I wonder if this could be the reason why kile (and
>> possibly others?) do not build in the bulkbuild?
>>

> editors/kile doesn't fail in bulkbuild.  editors/kile-kde3 does.  Please
> clarify what source of failure you are refering.
>
> Also state which pkgsrc branch you are testing please.

Hello

Please ignore what I said about bulk build. All I wanted to say is
that neither package appears to be in the repository, i.e. pkg_radd
fails for both kile and kile-kde3, I can't see them in

http://mirror.bytemark.co.uk/dragonflybsd/packages/i386/DragonFly-3.2.1/pkgsrc-2012Q3/All/

and when I compile them the above mentioned error occurs.

Both kile-2.0.2nb16.tgz and kile-2.1.1nb5.tgz do exist in the
repository for x86_64; kile-kde3 doesn't exist for x86_64 in the
repository.

pkgsrc branch is

---
# cd /usr/pkgsrc
# git branch
  master
* pkgsrc-2012Q3
---

I do this:

---
# cd /usr/pkgsrc/editors/kile
# bmake package install clean
---

and when it is compiling kbproto or randproto or other things (or many
others), then the above mentioned error occurs, and compilation fails.

I start wondering now if the error might be related to Virtualbox---Im
running dfly in Virtualbox; on the other hand, Virtualbox seems stable
otherwise and hasn't given any errors whatsoever. Xorg, firefox, e16
etc all run fine and are very stable.

Thanks, Peeter