Re: maybe OT: cpdup on Linux?

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2012 21:06:30 -0800 (PST)

:
:I use cpdup to copy /boot to /boot1 in case I mess up and install a broken
:kernel. I'd like to do the same on my laptop, which runs Ubuntu Linux, but
:there's no cpdup package. Is it in some other package, or where should I get
:it?
:
:Pierre

    cpdup is native to DragonFly.  /usr/src/bin/cpdup.  I expect it would
    be fairly easy to port to linux though you have to make sure that linux's
    file offset mode is 64 bits and not 32 bits (different distributions
    default to different modes, though presumably all 64-bit distributions
    use 64-bit file offsetes).

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@backplane.com>