Re: two disks, or disk and SSD?

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2012 21:05:02 -0800 (PST)

:I'm thinking of getting an Aleutia X1 (or maybe a model not yet on the site;
:see http://aleutia.com/x1-small-low-power-server) for my next box. It will be
:my gateway, which is currently a Linksys router that I have to manually load
:the IPv6 script on because the flash filesystem doesn't work. I may also use it
:as a backup server and a machine to test programs in a 64-bit BSD environment
:(in case 32-bit BSD and 64-bit Linux don't show up all problems). Which do you
:suggest: one 60 GB SSD and one 500 GB hard disk, or two hard disks? I will
:want at least /home encrypted, but not /var or /usr, as I'll need it to come
:up unattended.
:
:Pierre

    In most of my new boxes I always start with one SSD and one HDD, and
    I boot from the SSD.  That gives a lot of flexibility.

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@backplane.com>