how to edit this site
- All files can be edited by anyone. Start with the the
- Changes to the site config are generated into the site with the command
ikiwiki --setup /usr/local/etc/ikiwiki.setup.
- To create new pages on the web, add a new wiki link and then follow the link. If you cannot find a good place for the link, use the sandbox.
- To move a page, create a new page with the old page's content, and place '[[!meta redir=newpage]]' on the old page for a redirect.
- To delete a page, edit it and press the "Remove" button.
- This entire site is kept in a git repo, so larger changes/reversions can be done at the repo level.
- Add images directly to the repo in
/usr/local/www/ikiwiki-srcdir/ with git, and they will automatically be brought into the site by the post-commit hook.
- Users on leaf.dragonflybsd.org in the ikiwiki group can clone from
/usr/local/www/ikiwiki-repo.git/ and edit with a favorite editor, and then push back. You need to be in the 'ikiwiki' group.
- If some random person completely scrambles a page, and there's no subsequent commits, you can undo it on leaf by going to
/usr/local/www/ikiwiki-srcdir and performing
git revert HEAD, then rebuilding.
- When naming a page, use underscores to indicate spaces between words in the name.
- Avoid CamelCase.
- When creating a new page, make sure to link to it somewhere else on the site.
- Use Markdown for page syntax.
- Straight HTML can be used for page element if needed, though it can get messy; stick to Markdown where possible.
For more information