Announcing shell machine availability for dragonfly developers

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 17:06:29 -0700 (PDT)

    Ta-da!  Hiten and I were talking and shell access came up.  I thought
    about it a bit and initially thought I would put together a shell box
    for committers, but then it occured to me that there was no reason to
    restrict such a box only to committers if appropriate security measures
    were taken.

    So, this is an announcement of the availability of a shell machine to
    DragonFly developers.  You do *NOT* need to be a committer.  Any developer
    who has been at least somewhat active on the mailing lists can get an
    account.

    Requirements for getting a shell account:

    * You must be at least somewhat active on the DragonFly mailing lists.

    * You do NOT need to be a committer.

    * EMail me an sshv2 ( DSA ) key and username.  sshv1 is not enabled on
      this box.

    * Only request an account if you need one.  If you already have access to
      powerful machines you do not need an account.

    * The machine is leaf.dragonflybsd.org.

    Rules:

* Please do not set a password in your account or create ssh private keys
  in your account.  Use your .ssh/authorized_keys file only.  It is
  acceptable to use ssh -A from another box into this one in order to
  then be able to ssh out of this box to another (i.e. committers: use ssh -A
  so you can commit to crater.dragonflybsd.org from this box).

* Note that "/FreeBSD" contains a read-only mostly up-to-date FreeBSD CVS and
  source tree, and "/cvs" contains a read-only NFS mount from the main cvs
  repository which you can run cvs -R ... on.

* Lengthy automated builds should be restricted to the wee-hours of the
  morning (1:00am to 7:00am) pacific time.  This is a fairly hefty machine
  and developers can do manually initiated buildworlds and such.  Still,
  be nice to your fellow users and do not use make -j N.

* Please do not use this machine for non-dragonfly related work unless
  otherwise given permission to by Matt Dillon.  Obviously minor little
  things here and there are just fine.

* Please do not abuse my limited bandwidth.  NO SERVERS MAY BE RUN.
  NO IRC BOTS.  NO BACKGROUND PROCESSES UNLESS AUTHORIZED.

* BACKUP YOUR OWN DATA!  This machine is not currently being backed up.