Re: messaging questions...

From: David Leimbach <leimy2k@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 01:30:29 -0600

On Nov 24, 2003, at 9:46 PM, Matthew Dillon wrote:

:Cool.. So now that I've actually got DragonFly running and I have the :kernel :source I can happily dig around in the messaging code and write some :examples. : :If/when I get around to it would some example code be useful for the :website? : :Dave

Yah. In fact, demonstration code for this or that might be something
good to throw into /usr/src/test. Or maybe /usr/src/examples, then
reference it from the web site or on the lists.

Cool.... So I have been gleefully digging through the thread code as it seems important to
understand that before trying to message a thread :)... I noticed the kernel has a way to get
the current thread very easily via some macros and functions.

Is there any way a user can just find out what his current thread is? I presume every process
has at least 1 of these things or a lot of what I am reading in the kernel doesn't look like it
would work very well.

Dave