Re: messaging questions...

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 00:05:18 -0800 (PST)

:Cool.... So I have been gleefully digging through the thread code as it
:seems important to
:understand that before trying to message a thread :)...  I noticed the
:kernel has a way to get
:the current thread very easily via some macros and functions.
:Is there any way a user can just find out what his current thread is?
:I presume every process
:has at least 1 of these things or a lot of what I am reading in the
:kernel doesn't look like it
:would work very well.
    Each user process has only one kernel thread.  That is, DFly is not
    organized like the KSE model in FreeBSD-5.  DFly's organization
    is very simple by comparison because the intention with DFly is
    to have to userland manage userland threads entirely within

    If that makes any sense :-)