Re: More thinking securely...

From: Ryan Dooley <dooleyr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2003 14:40:59 -0600

I wonder if this is something that we should do slowly as were doing with
some of the k&r type definition cleanups in the kernel as there is still a
considerable amount of code being pulled in from various places(FreeBSD...).
Changing too many of these might slow down the import process for code, ex
the agp code from today....

Good point. In the short term patches could be maintained and then re-applied after an import from FreeBSD. The long term solution is probably more of a philosophical one - how often do we import from FreeBSD?

Cheers,
Ryan