Re: Website layout method

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 09:45:11 -0800 (PST)

:Hiten Pandya wrote:
:
:> At the moment, I do not have much time, but I have been working
:> on a PHP FastTemplate type system for the DragonFly websites. In
:> my Freelance Web Designing years, it has proved to be extremely
:> useful in separating logic from presentation.
:
:Matt said he didn't want to use PHP on the site.  Is this going to be a
:problem?  We could achieve similar results with Perl and Text::Template or
:perhaps Mason, though I'm suggesting something without having actually done
:it...  Dylan did a nice workup of a perl version of tablecg already.

    Perl is not something I would want to wrap our web site files with,
    the exec overhead is horrendous.  We should really try to stick with
    tablecg.

					<dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>