Re: buildworld -j N issues

From: David Cuthbert <dacut@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 17:33:29 -0500

Matthew Dillon wrote:
    Some issues are cropping up with what I believe are buildworld -j N
    bugs, due to the new scheduler ordering processes somewhat differently
    then the old scheduler.

Hm... I think the problem is more serious than that. My builds are failing on any sleep statement (that is, /bin/sleep, the executable).

Indeed, '/bin/sleep 1' causes it to go off into lala-land, and truss is of no help.

The following test executable waits forever:

#include <unistd.h>
int main() { sleep(1); return 0; }

I am running on VMware, though.