Re: HAMMER update 10-Feb-2008

From: walt <wa1ter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 17:41:44 -0800

Matthew Dillon wrote:
HAMMER is really shaping up now...

       This is far, FAR better then the cluster model I was using last week
       and had to throw away.  Massively better.  Like night and day.

I'm fond of telling political hotheads (which you once were, but no longer ;o) that, before they destroy the system devised by their predecessors, they owe it to themselves to stop and find out exactly what problems their predecessors thought they were solving when they invented the existing system.

So -- in this instance you are both the establishment and the revolutionary at
the same time.  Could you explain in extra-bonehead language what problems you
were solving with the cluster model, and if you are still solving those problems
with the newer model?

Thanks!