Re: Source Control system results and discussion

From: Hasso Tepper <hasso@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 08:54:23 +0200

Matthew Dillon wrote:
> I propose first that the DragonFly repository be officially
> accessible via both Git and Mercurial.  Pick your favorite, for read
> access.  I do not think there is any argument here :-)

I'm not sure it's worth of effort, really. And I mean it as active
committer voting for and currently using mercurial (I really see most of
_active_ contributors voting for git).

I'd question even changing revision control system at all. I don't think
that for porject with less than 10 active committers and with less than
10 commits per day (average) any version control system is in the way.
But as seeing this enthusiasm to get a new toy ... I think that it's my
personal problem only ...

At best we should provide unofficial access to the repos in other formats,
like it is today - people using git have their mirror from cvs and people
using mercurial using their mirror. And people really using these systems
take care of these mirrors. Any maintenance overhead is just pointless
for such small project. I really prefer people coding ...

Just my 2 cents.

--
Hasso Tepper