Re: Source Control system results and discussion

From: "Jeffrey Hsu" <hsu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 02:07:44 -0700

  > Are there really people that will refuse to use Git to contribute?

Are there really people who refuse to use Mercurial to contribute?

It's a heavy burden to make new committers learn an arcane, admittedly
"evolved", counter-intuitive command set.  I'd rather they focus more
on the code and less on struggling with git.

  > What is the advantage of having two write systems vs just have hg be a
  > read-only mirror of Git?

It's easier for Mercurial users to commit?  Anything that lowers the barrier
to contributions is good.

								Jeffrey