Re: DragonFly versioning plan

From: Justin Sherrill <justin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 22:22:50 -0400

We could do that - technically, a forced install of a newer
pkg_install build from binary would work.  It still requires a
separate step from the user to remove that stopping point, and I'd
like updating to _always_ work, in general.

My opinion is that required updated pkgsrc tools should be considered
dependencies the same as with other software, and should get installed
when available and needed, same as any other part.  That doesn't
happen with pkgsrc - yet.