Re: DragonFly BSD wiki

From: Sascha Wildner <saw@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 17:48:27 +0100

Noah Yan wrote:

Hopefully I can merge my stuff to the centralized wiki. I am writing the "Architecture Book" by looking at the one of FreeBSD,, other docs and source code. Now I am in the chapter of Booting Process of it. But for me latex is the only comfortable way to do other than MS office and I am using latex now doing it. I know latex can be easily convert to html. but what is latex for wiki? is there any way to use latex in wiki?

Noah,

normal pages are written in text with interspersed markup commands (many of them being HTML commands). This format is described in http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Editing.

MediaWiki uses TeX for formatting formulas, though, but that generates images so it's rather undesirable for your Architecture Book project. Anyway, it's described here: http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Formula.

Regarding your Architecture Book: It would be cool to have something like that for DragonFly. Maybe there are LaTeX->HTML converters around. HTML should not be so hard to convert to the Wiki format. If everything fails you could even put up your LaTeX source and anyone who wants could help you with the conversion.

Regards,
Sascha

--
http://yoyodyne.ath.cx