Re: Emergency Editors (was Stabble Tag move)

From: Garance A Drosihn <drosih@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 03:31:22 -0500

At 10:55 PM +0100 3/14/05, Andrzej Bialecki wrote:
Ok, I found it.

It sits safely in the Attic of FreeBSD CVS. The reason it was
removed was that at that time it was not yet under BSD license.
Later the author (Andrew Tannenbaum) changed the license to BSD,
but I was no longer actively involved in PicoBSD maintenance,
so it stayed there.

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/release/picobsd/tinyware/mined/Attic

There are no external dependencies, the default terminal escapes
(cons25) are hardcoded.

Hmmm... Well, if it's available with a BSD license, then we might want it back in FreeBSD too. I'll wait for your version to settle down a bit, and then see about re-introducing it to FreeBSD. Maybe put it in /rescue (since our /bin is dynamically linked).

--
Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   gad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Senior Systems Programmer           or  gad@xxxxxxxxxxx