Re: Emergency Editors (was Stabble Tag move)

To: Bill Hacker <wbh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Andrzej Bialecki <abNOSPAM@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 09:48:51 +0100

32627.GC95866@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <4236812b$0$715$415eb37d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Bill Hacker wrote:

> Too bloody verbose, assembler is, anyway... how 'bout Forth
> extensions to FICL?
>
> (ducks and runs ... )  ;-)'

Hah, you beat me to it... I was just about to send something similar.

But seriously, at the time when we introduced FICL in FreeBSD loader, I
was considering adding a block editor to it, perhaps a version of the
VIBE editor - that was my original reason behind adding the AT-XY word
and the terminal emulation in the loader... But the lack of writing
capabilities to UFS, and then later the addition of FreeBSD-specific
words made this unnecessary.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki