Re: Loader not found

From: Bill Hacker <wbh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 16:08:46 +0800

onflybsd.org>	<20050315220419.499a9fd6.cpressey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>	<4237d427$0$717$415eb37d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <20050315230556.7b84efae.cpressey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Chris Pressey wrote:

> On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 14:37:17 +0800
> Bill Hacker <wbh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>Chris Pressey wrote:

*SNIP*

> LiveCD as its main distribution medium is a continuing desire to have a
> floppy-based install.  But I dunno, there might be other reasons.

Given how easy it is with Linux, a LiveCD can't be all that hard,
but the time to *begin* an effort for CD has already passed.

Software needs to ship on a USB stick these days, maybe
with a 5$ ccd camera thrown in.

Better chance of raising funds for the project, also.
Newbies these days don't buy the books - they can't read.

Free, as in not for profit, *costs covered*, rather than free,
as in go hungry in order to contribute equipment as well as time,
would be a nice change to the model.

> A 'LiveFloppy' system would be, well, a whooooooooole lotta diskettes

But no - it needn't be.  One floppy, then go over the wire...

> (*flashback to several unsuccessful attempts at installing OS/2 Warp*)

(*flashback to the only thing *more* painful. Several hundred
*successful* installs*
of Warp 3 / Warp Server Advanced*).  Most being balked or re-installs.
You did
say OS/2?

But even eCS hasn't cured all of that ....

Bill