Re: Bittorrent for releases (offering)

From: Magnus Eriksson <magetoo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 20:10:37 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 6 Mar 2008, Justin C. Sherrill wrote:

If Sdavtaker wants to set up a torrent, it doesn't affect anything we do.
I don't see a problem.

It might affect the need for "mirror lists for isos, snapshots and packages" and a "mirror selection tool/dns roundrobin" though.

And the argument on the wiki makes no sense. "Not enough bandwidth"? Right.

I'll happily offer up some shovelling of bits through the tubes, by the way. I don't have a huge lot of bandwidth either (formally 3 Mbit, bursts higher); but I doubt there will be only two of us.

All that said, I believe things work just fine as it is now. It's just that I personally look for a torrent first, before using a "traditional" method.

MAgnus