Re: Fedora developer interested in DMA; query about build process

From: "Simon 'corecode' Schubert" <corecode@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 Sep 2009 21:34:04 +0200

Michel Alexandre Salim wrote:
On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 11:42 PM, Matthew
Dillon<dillon@apollo.backplane.com> wrote:
   I like the concept of throwing together an export hierarchy,
   but it might be too much maintainance to physically separate
   the git components out within the primary repo.

Using git submodules, the maintenance required should be almost zero,
I should think:

http://progit.org/book/ch6-6.html

The only change needed is at first clone, and I guess at every update:
one would need to check the list of submodules currently available,
and initialize any that has not been initialized yet.

I don't want to use submodules, because they change the work flow in the main repo.

My question to you is: would you like to see a broken out repo, or would a tarball good enough for you?

cheers
 simon