Re: USB image

From: Tomas Bodzar <tomas.bodzar@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 06:56:17 +0200

On Thu, Sep 30, 2010 at 6:10 AM, Justin C. Sherrill
<justin@shiningsilence.com> wrote:
> On Wed, September 29, 2010 11:42 pm, Tomas Bodzar wrote:
>
>> When someone wants to go deeply in some area then there is only one
>> way - a lot of years of learning and experience. It does not change
>> just because we have Internet and PR materials from stupid vendors
>> talks lies. OS is very complex system - take it from the other side -
>> flying is so easy (at least for birds); why do I need to learn that
>> complicated stuff about mathematics, physic, meteorology and so on;
>> why there is not one-click-button-to-fly airplane? How about space
>> travelling? How about submarines? How about cars? Are you able to
>> create your own on same level of quality as from those companies? No?
>> Guess why - because you lack info and experience in that area as it's
>> not so easy and not because someone wants to be rude against you.
>
> The best answer when someone says "This doesn't work for me" isn't "You
> don't know enough" but rather "Here, let me show you how."

Not all the time because sooner or later it's starting to be boring
when someone is not able to find eg. info from Download page :

If you use a USB .img file, it needs to be copied to a USB key
directly. Use 'dd' on unix-like systems, or a similar program on
Windows. (there is a link to similar program on Windows)

It's quite simple. Man pages and Internet are full of sources. If
someone wants to do that then there are no blocks for him/her - just
couple of reading. If he/she ask that it still doesn't work and
provide some outputs what was tested and still doesn't work then why
not to help.

Attempting to prove the worth of anything to folks who are not able to
figure things out for themselves is much like trying to teach butterflies
Calculus.

It doesn't work and wastes your time.

Of course that I don't know everything as no one knows everything, but
at least I'm trying to do my best in case of problems and learning is
good for me and my life so I'm trying to learn it first before asking.
It's just my opinion and it was my reaction. I'm not developer of Dfly
and I like some features of that OS and developers are doing good job.