cannot mount disk with hammer file system

From: Úlfar Ellenarson <uel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 12:34:36 +0000

Hi.

My first time posting on this list.   My problem in a nutshell is I installed dragonfly bsd 2.8 in vmware workstation.  I reinstalled the host system that vmware workstation was on and decided on using virtualbox.  I imported my dragonfly bsd vmware workstatation vmdk files into virtualbox.  Upon boot in virtualbox I run into the problem of mounting the disk.  I am prompted at the boot prompt to detect the disk that the system resides on.  I have tried hammer:ad0s1, hammer:ad0s1a, hammer:ad0s1d and just ad0s1.  I am however not able to boot the system.  I have also booted from the live iso image and mounted the system manually into /mnt using mount_hammer /dev/ad0s1a /mnt and took a screenshot of /etc/fstab.  I however ask if there is a simple way to fix my mount problem.  Any information needed in regards to solving this problem will be gladly appended.

kær kveðju/kind regards,

Úlfar Ellenarson
SAP ráðgjafi / SAP Consultant

cid:image001.jpg@01CAE862.EFF59A90