Re: Weird entry in ISO

From: Matthew Dillon <dillon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 10:57:13 -0700 (PDT)

    Our base ISO/IMG will always be small and will not have any bells
    and whistles.

    pkg_radd (via internet connectivity) is *the* official way to get
    more packages installed after an installation.  Trying to pack packages
    onto CDs, DVDs, or large images has historically been a big lose for us.

    That said, we do have a larger nrelease build called the GUI build
    which includes a lot more packages.  Getting them all built is fraught
    with difficulties and I can't promise that a GUI image will be
    available for this release.  We will not know how solid the 2010Q3
    package set is until the first week of October.

    I am open to using other pkgsrc management utilities, or at least
    including them in the GUI image.  We could include one or two of
    the pkgsrc management utilities on the base ISO/IMG as well.

    We are not going to be throwing general gui applications onto the base
    ISO/IMG, its hard enough fitting just the basics in there, like 'git',
    and there is simply too wide a variety and too many opinions on what
    should and should not be included.